2010 zoomed by faster than I had time to blink, but when I think about everything that has happened, I realize just what a rollercoaster ride it's been! Without delay, here is a summary of the highlights of 2010:
1. I started the social media thing, and it is awesome. I have met so many wonderful people, including my amazing critique partners:
Angela Francis, Elizabeth May (she's an amazing photographer too), and Teresa Frohock.
Angela and Elizabeth, two awesome people
I also met many, many more awesome people from the bloggosphere.
2. I finished three manuscripts this year, and I love them all. Each will require a bit of tweaking in 2011, but that is all part of the fun!
3. I found my amazing agent, Weronika Janczuk. She is so good at what she does, and a true superstar.
4. I went on submission
5. I discovered some of the most amazing books, and authors. I have been lucky enough to connect with authors who I admire, including Courtney Summers (she's amazing), Jacqueline Carey, Ellen Hopkins, Lauren Oliver, Jay Asher and Christina Meldrum.
5. I got new bookcases for Christmas! Wahooo!
Looking ahead to 2011, already I can see a wonderful year stretching out for books. I have an enormous reading list—you wouldn't believe me if I told you—and I have edits to do that I am very excited about!
I am thinking about taking part in the British Books Challenge 2011, but I need to ponder where I can get the books from. . . . I don't have much time to ponder, do I? :)
I am also going to be participating, along with many other blogs, in the "In My Mailbox" series, where, once a month (for now), I will vlog about the books I have received in my mailbox. It sounds like awesome fun, and I can't wait to start. Head on over to The Story Siren for more info.
I hope you all had an amazing 2010 and are looking forward to an even better 2011! See you on the other side!